2011-04-07

Swirl flower

At last! I made up this quilt!
Swirl flowers aka Mountain blossoms

This project has been left unfinished for long time. I am really happy I did it on my birthday. Now I can face to another year without tailing.

It was 2008 when I saw this design. I fell in love at a glance and screamed " I want this!". My daughter replayed "Mom, you can't buy this quilt in any shop. You have to make it yourself". The combination of patchwork, applique, embroidery and quilting. The combination of modern and tradition. It contains all elements that I love. I am deeply satisfied.

Block close up
Close up.
I did stem stitch on swirl vein. If I try again, I'll do back stitch instead. It may look more modern.

Talking about birthday, I bought a new book for me,"Inspired by tradition". Lovely book. I can't wait to make some from this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment