2010-09-14

Making your templates

There are many type of template material. You can find various plastic template sheets in Fabric store. You can also find recycled materials in your house,too. One of example is a cardboard stacked inside the Fat Quarter that you bought. Here, I show you how to make your template using the cardboard.


送信者 A box of my things 趣味の箱
As a template is a duplication of a printed pattern, you need to photocopy the original sheet.
Other supply list is below; cardboard, Glue stick, Paper scissors, Sharpie(fine line marker)

送信者 A box of my things 趣味の箱
Cut your copied template sheet bigger than cutting line.

送信者 A box of my things 趣味の箱
Glue it on a cardboard and cut on the line of cutting line (solid line). Be sure cut INSIDE of the line.

送信者 A box of my things 趣味の箱
With your template, trace the line on the other cardboard.

送信者 A box of my things 趣味の箱
Cut the trace line. This is a cutting size template.
Also, cut your first template on sewing line (dashed line) . This is an actual size template.

Keep Going!

No comments:

Post a Comment