2011-03-10

Civil war quilts

Since my son had learned the underground railroad quilts in school, we often talk about his new sampler quilt. He wants me to make up blocks which means secret signal. I told him to pick up 12 blocks from my quilt book and to learn about its meaning. Drunkard path and shoo-fly are his favorite. He can't miss cartwheel (or dresden plate),bear paw and crossroad. He seems to enjoy this study very much.

On the way to search the sampler quilts on the Internet, I found a great blog, about civil war quilts. It contains block of the week and short story around the block.
I like to see the blocks that somebody makes with civil war fabric, but they are not my category. I can feel them beautiful, but can't revive them by myself. So, I wonder if I make them with my taste.

Here they come.
CWQ solid ver.
I want make a rainbow quilt using white polka dot and single solid color fabric, as possible.

and
CWQ another ver.
Soft color variation. I made up the first one, but I need to collect fabric I want to use, yet.
I went to Jo-Ann today, but without plan, it made me confused and retreated.

No comments:

Post a Comment