2011-07-06

Farmer's wife week1 (for me)

First of all, I decided not to make all of blocks in this book. I have already started other two of 6" block series and heard about the next book of Farmer's wife in coming September. That's enough. Blocks are piled up, but not connected at all. So, I picked just 50 blocks for my husband's lap quilt. I hope it would be a quick work. Yah, just I hope.

Next, I decided no more new fabric for this. Not even a fat quarter on bargain. I want to reduce my stash before August, when the third quarter of 3x6 mini bee. I have many aqua and green, and bright colors, too. I think this combination is not bad.

OK. Think, later. Sew, first.

I don't have much time to sew this week, so I chose two of easy blocks.
Basket weave
Basket weave. Really easy one. I made this in 15 min or so. My son said "I love this, but makes me dizzy". You can say that again.
Big Dipper
Big dipper. Another no-template pattern.

I want to try more complicated pattern next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment