2011-07-10

Sylvia and CWQ

I thought I didn't have enough time to sew last week. But I made 5 blocks at the end of week. Not bad. Once I got an idea for fabric choice, I did work really quickly.
Hope to keep this pace.

From Sylvia, I made two.
Night and noon
I love this block. When I found the block on the book, I didn't feel I like this. Something strange for me. Star block, is it? So I did crazy patchwork on corner squares, expecting star pattern pops up. It seems successful, isn't it.

Robbing Peter and Pay Paul
On the contrary, I didn't like this block. The pattern shows it shold be pieced. Instead, I appliqued. I made 4 appliqued pieces and assembled them. It wasn't a good idea. Took long time, ugly result. I don't know I have next time, If so, I need more research to make this block better. Make four patch and then applique, like that.

From CWQ BOW,
BOW 24
Lady's aid album. Still four more block left behind. I hope I made two more this week.

1 comment:

  1. I love the block that you appliqued. I think you are way to hard on yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete