2011-07-12

HOT DAY! Farmer's wife week2

It was tough day to watch my children swimming at poolside. Staying outside withdrew almost all my energy and as too tired to cook, our supper was pizza. Kids were happy. My Husband was OK. Me with heartburn. Ginger ale, please!

As I don't need to make all of blocks, I am making them in no particular order.
In 2nd week, I made 3blocks.

Broken dish
Broken Dish.
I love orange and green, or combination of them, but it looked too busy. I should use more plain green as a background.

Box
Box.
When I sew this block, I decided to use stripe fabric for background. Can you see lectangle boxes behind the yellow windmill? I like this effect.

Cut Glass Dish
Cut Glass Dish.
This design recalled my grandfather's crystal tumbler. Though I wanted to recreate the color, it was too dark for this set. I used lighter blue fabric instead. I thought I could express transparency.
But my husband didn't like this. He said, this block didn't match among 5 of them. Other blocks are rotatable otherwise this one is just mirror reflection. He would like have a quilt made with a set of rotatable blocks. Hummm. I think it's not bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment